It has been a couple of years since we’ve been on a long vacation. Our last memorable trip was in Belize with REI Adventures. We had such a great experience, we decided to sign up with REI Adventures again, this time to Patagonia!
The trip included hiking ( no camping 🙂 ) in El Chaltén, Argentina and Torres del Paine National Park in Chile. The hikes brought us stunning views of glaciers and granite peaks overlooking mountain vistas.
Getting to Patagonia wasn’t too easy. Our day long flight to Argentina included 2 layovers and an airport transfer. From southern California, we flew through Houston to Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE), hired a driver to Aeroparque Jorge Newbery airport, and finally landed in El Calafate, Argentina. El Calafate’s airport is a small, modern (opened in 2000), and inviting airport.
REI arranged for our driver to pick us up and take us to Kosten Aike Hotel where our adventure in Patagonia begins…
- Patagonia: El Calafate
- Patagonia: El Chalten Hike to Laguna Torre
- Patagonia: El Chalten Trek to Laguna de los Tres
- Patagonia: El Chalten Loma del Pliegue Tumbado trail
- Patagonia: Hike from Estancia Nibepo Aike
- Patagonia: To Chile
- Patagonia: “The W” Mirador de Las Torres (Paine Towers viewpoint)
- Patagonia: “The W” Lago Grey to Grey Glacier viewpoint
- Patagonia: “The W” French Valley